Effective January 20, 2020
1. LAWZONEYA ACCOUNTSSection 1 discusses what you must agree to before using the Site or Site Services and the different types of accounts that can be created on the Site, as detailed below.
1.2 ACCOUNT ELIGIBILITYLawZoneYa offers the Site and Site Services for your business purposes only and not for personal, household, or consumer use. To register for an Account or use the Site and Site Services, you must, and hereby represent that you (a) have or are an employee or agent of and authorized to act for an independent business (whether it be as a self-employed individual/sole proprietor or as a corporation, limited liability company, or other entity); (b) will use the Site and Site Services for business purposes only; (c) will comply with any licensing, registration, or other requirements with respect to your business, or the business for which you are acting, and the provision of Freelance Services; and (d) a legal entity or an individual 18 years or older (or have otherwise reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you conduct business) who can form legally binding contracts.
1.3 ACCOUNT PROFILETo register for an Account to join the Site, you must complete a User profile (“Profile”), which you consent to be shown to other Users and, unless you change your privacy settings, the public. You agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information on your Profile and all registration and other forms you access on the Site or provide to us and to update your information to maintain its truthfulness, accuracy, and completeness. You agree not to provide any false or misleading information about your identity or location, your business, your skills, or the services your business provides and to correct any such information that is or becomes false or misleading.
1.4 ACCOUNT TYPESAs described in this Section, there are a number of different Account types. Once you register for one Account type, you can add the other Account types under the same username and password. For example, if you already have a Freelancer Account (defined below), you can add a Client Account as a separate account type in settings without re-registering. You agree not to have or register for more than one Account without express written permission from us. We reserve the right to revoke the privileges of the Account or access to or use of the Site or Site Services, and those of any and all linked Accounts without warning if, in our sole discretion, false or misleading information has been provided in creating, marketing, or maintaining your Profile or Account.
1.4.1 CLIENT ACCOUNTYou can register for an Account or add an Account type to use the Site and Site Services as a Client (a “Client Account”). Each User under a Client Account (“Team Member”) can be given different permissions to act on behalf of the Client Account. Any user using the Site, Site Services, including Direct Contract Services, for the purpose of searching for or using Freelancer Services is a “Client” for purposes of the Terms of Service.
1.4.2 FREELANCER, AGENCY, AND AGENCY MEMBER ACCOUNTYou can register for an Account or add an Account type to use the Site and Site Services as a Freelancer (a “Freelancer Account”). Another type of Freelancer Account you can add is an “Agency Account”, the owner of which is referred to as an “Agency”. An Agency Account allows permissions to be granted to Users under the Agency Account which can be given different permissions to act on behalf of the Agency (each, an “Agency Member”) . You acknowledge and agree that the Agency is solely responsible, and assumes all liability, for (a) the classification of your Agency Members as employees or independent contractors; and (b) paying your Agency Members in accordance with applicable law for work performed on behalf of the Agency for Projects. You further acknowledge and agree that (i) the Agency may determine the Profile visibility and pricing/rate information of any of its Agency Members, and (ii) Agency Members’ Profiles may display work history that includes work done under the Agency Account, including after the Agency Member is no longer an Agency Member.
1.5 ACCOUNT PERMISSIONSYou agree not to request or allow another person to create an Account on your behalf, for your use, or for your benefit, except that an authorized employee or agent may create an Account on behalf of your business. By granting other Users permissions under your Account, including as a Team Member or Agency Member, you represent and warrant that (a) the User is authorized to act on your behalf, (b) you are financially responsible for the User’s actions taken in accordance with those permissions, including, if applicable, entering into binding contracts on behalf of the owner of the Account, and (c) you are fully responsible and liable for any action of any User to whom you have provided any permissions and any other person who uses the Account, including making payments and entering into Service Contracts and the Terms of Service. If any such User violates the Terms of Service, it may affect your ability to use the Site. Upon closure of an Account, LawZoneYa may close any or all related Accounts.
1.6 IDENTITY AND LOCATION VERIFICATIONWhen you register for an Account and from time to time thereafter, your Account will be subject to verification, including, but not limited to, validation against third-party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm your identity, your location, and your ability to act on behalf of your business on LawZoneYa. You authorize LawZoneYa, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries necessary to validate your identity, your location, and confirm your ownership of your email address or financial accounts, subject to applicable law. When requested, you must timely provide us with complete information about yourself and your business, which includes, but is not limited to, providing official government or legal documents.
1.7 USERNAMES AND PASSWORDSWhen you register for an Account, you will be asked to choose a username and password for the Account. You are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and agree not to share your username or password with any person who is not authorized to use your Account. You authorize LawZoneYa to assume that any person using the Site with your username and password, either is you or is authorized to act for you. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account or any unauthorized access to the password for any Account. You further agree not to use the Account or log in with the username and password of another User of the Site if (a) you are not authorized to use either or (b) the use would violate the Terms of Service.
2. PURPOSE OF LAWZONEYASection 2 discusses what LawZoneYa does and does not do when providing the Site and Site Services and some of your responsibilities when using the Site to find or enter into a Service Contract with a Freelancer or Client, as detailed below. The Site is a marketplace where Clients and Freelancers can identify each other and advertise, buy, and sell Freelancer Services online. Subject to the Terms of Service, LawZoneYa provides the Site Services to Users, including hosting and maintaining the Site, facilitating the formation of Service Contracts, and assisting Users in resolving disputes which may arise in connection with those Service Contracts. When a User enters a Service Contract, the User uses the Site to invoice and pay any amounts owed under the Service Contract.
2.1 RELATIONSHIP WITH LAWZONEYALawZoneYa merely makes the Site and Site Services available to enable Freelancers and Clients to find and transact directly with each other. LawZoneYa does not introduce Freelancers to Clients, find Projects for Freelancers, or find Freelancers for Clients. Through the Site and Site Services, Freelancers may be notified of Clients that may be seeking the services they offer, and Clients may be notified of Freelancers that may offer the services they seek; at all times, however, Users are responsible for evaluating and determining the suitability of any Project, Client or Freelancer on their own. If Users decide to enter into a Service Contract, the Service Contract is directly between the Users and LawZoneYa is not a party to that Service Contract. You acknowledge, agree, and understand that LawZoneYa is not a party to the relationship or any dealings between Client and Freelancer. Without limitation, Users are solely responsible for (a) ensuring the accuracy and legality of any User Content, (b) determining the suitability of other Users for a Service Contract (such as any interviews, vetting, background checks, or similar actions), (c) negotiating, agreeing to, and executing any terms or conditions of Service Contracts, (d) performing Freelancer Services, or (e) paying for Service Contracts or Freelancer Services. You further acknowledge, agree, and understand that you are solely responsible for assessing whether to enter into a Service Contract with another User and for verifying any information about another User, including (defined below). LawZoneYa does not make any representations about or guarantee the truth or accuracy of any Freelancer’s or Client’s listings or other User Content on the Site; does not verify any feedback or information provided by Users about Freelancers or Clients; and does not vet or otherwise perform background checks on Freelancers or Clients. You acknowledge, agree, and understand that LawZoneYa does not, in any way, supervise, direct, control, or evaluate Freelancers or their work and is not responsible for any Project, Project terms or Work Product. LawZoneYa makes no representations about and does not guarantee, and you agree not to hold LawZoneYa responsible for, the quality, safety, or legality of Freelancer Services; the qualifications, background, or identities of Users; the ability of Freelancers to deliver Freelancer Services; the ability of Clients to pay for Freelancer Services; User Content, statements or posts made by Users; or the ability or willingness of a Client or Freelancer to actually complete a transaction. You also acknowledge, agree, and understand that Freelancers are solely responsible for determining, and have the sole right to determine, which Projects to accept; the time, place, manner, and means of providing any Freelancer Services; the type of services they provide; and the price they charge for their services or how that pricing is determined or set. You further acknowledge, agree, and understand that: (i) you are not an employee of LawZoneYa, and you are not eligible for any of the rights or benefits of employment (including unemployment and/or workers compensation insurance); (ii) LawZoneYa will not have any liability or obligations under or related to Service Contracts and/or Freelancer Services for any acts or omissions by you or other Users; (iii) LawZoneYa does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control any Freelancer or Freelancer Services; does not impose quality standards or a deadline for completion of any Freelancer Services; and does not dictate the performance, methods or process Freelancer uses to perform services; (iv) Freelancer is free to determine when and if to perform Freelancer Services, including the days worked and time periods of work, and LawZoneYa does not set or have any control over Freelancer’s pricing, work hours, work schedules, or work location, nor is LawZoneYa involved in any other way in determining the nature and amount of any compensation that may be charged by or paid to Freelancer for a Project; (v) Freelancer will be paid at such times and amounts as agreed with a Client in a given Service Contract, and LawZoneYa does not, in any way, provide or guarantee Freelancer a regular salary or any minimum, regular payment; (vi) LawZoneYa does not provide Freelancers with training or any equipment, labor, tools, or materials related to any Service Contract; and (vii) LawZoneYa does not provide the premises at which Freelancers will perform the work. Freelancers are free to use subcontractors or employees to perform Freelancer Services and may delegate work on fixed-price contracts or by agreeing with their Clients to have hourly contracts for Freelancer’s subcontractor(s) or employee(s). If a Freelancer uses subcontractors or employees, Freelancer further agrees and acknowledges that this paragraph applies to LawZoneYa’s relationship, if any, with Freelancer’s subcontractors and employees as well and Freelancer is solely responsible for Freelancer’s subcontractors and employees. Without limiting the foregoing paragraph, if you are an Agency or Agency Member, you expressly acknowledge, agree, and understand that: (1) the Agency is solely responsible for paying its Agency Members for work performed on behalf of the Agency and that such payments will not be made through the Site; (2) LawZoneYa is not a party to any agreement between the Agency and its Agency Members and does not have any liability or obligations under or related to any such agreement, even if the Agency or Agency Member defaults; (3) neither Agencies nor Agency Members are employees or agents of LawZoneYa; (4) LawZoneYa does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control the Agency or Agency Members; (5) LawZoneYa does not set Agencies’ or Agency Members’ contract terms amongst themselves or with Clients (including determining whether the contract will be hourly or fixed price), fees, pricing, work hours, work schedules, or location of work; (6) LawZoneYa does not provide Agencies or Agency Members with training or any equipment, labor, tools, or materials needed for any Service Contract; (7) LawZoneYa does not provide the premises at which the Agency or Agency Members will perform the work; and (8) LawZoneYa makes no representations as to the reliability, capability, or qualifications of any Agency or Agency Member or the ability or willingness of any Agency to make payments to or fulfill any other obligations to Agency Members, and LawZoneYa disclaims any and all liability relating thereto. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to prohibit or discourage (nor should be construed as prohibiting or discouraging) any User from engaging in any other business activities or providing any services through any other channels they choose, provided, if applicable, Users comply with the Opt Out provisions described in Section 7. Users are free at all times to engage in such other business activities and services and are encouraged to do so.
2.2 TAXES AND BENEFITSFreelancer acknowledges and agrees that Freelancer is solely responsible (a) for all tax liability associated with payments received from Freelancer’s Clients and through LawZoneYa, and that LawZoneYa will not withhold any taxes from payments to Freelancer; (b) to obtain any liability, health, workers’ compensation, disability, unemployment, or other insurance needed, desired, or required by law, and that Freelancer is not covered by or eligible for any insurance from LawZoneYa; (c) for determining whether Freelancer is required by applicable law to issue any particular invoices for the Freelancer Fees and for issuing any invoices so required; (d) for determining whether Freelancer is required by applicable law to remit to the appropriate authorities any value added tax or any other taxes or similar charges applicable to the Freelancer Fees and remitting any such taxes or charges to the appropriate authorities, as appropriate; and (e) if outside of the United States, for determining if LawZoneYa is required by applicable law to withhold any amount of the Freelancer Fees and for notifying LawZoneYa of any such requirement and indemnifying LawZoneYa for any requirement to pay any withholding amount to the appropriate authorities (including penalties and interest). In the event of an audit of LawZoneYa, Freelancer agrees to promptly cooperate with LawZoneYa and provide copies of Freelancer’s tax returns and other documents as may be reasonably requested for purposes of such audit, including but not limited to records showing Freelancer is engaging in an independent business as represented to LawZoneYa.
2.3 MARKETPLACE FEEDBACK AND USER CONTENTYou hereby acknowledge and agree that Users publish and request LawZoneYa to publish on their behalf information on the Site about the User, such as feedback, composite feedback, geographical location, or verification of identity or credentials. However, such information is based solely on unverified data that Freelancers or Clients voluntarily submit to LawZoneYa and does not constitute and will not be construed as an introduction, endorsement, or recommendation by LawZoneYa; LawZoneYa provides such information solely for the convenience of Users. You acknowledge and agree that User feedback benefits the marketplace, all Users, and the efficiency of the Site and you specifically request that LawZoneYa post composite or compiled feedback about Users, including yourself, on User Profiles and elsewhere on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that feedback results for you, including your Job Success Score, wherever referenced, and other User Content highlighted by LawZoneYa on the Site or otherwise (“Composite Information”), if any, will include User comments, User ratings, indicators of User satisfaction, and other feedback left exclusively by other Users. You further acknowledge and agree that LawZoneYa will make Composite Information available to other Users, including composite or compiled feedback. LawZoneYa provides its feedback system as a means through which Users can share their opinions of other Users publicly, and LawZoneYa does not monitor, influence, contribute to or censor these opinions. You acknowledge and agree that posted composite or compiled feedback and any other Composite Information relates only to the business advertised in the Profile and not to any individual person. You agree not to use the Composite Information to make any employment, credit, credit valuation, underwriting, or other similar decision about any other User. LawZoneYa does not generally investigate any remarks posted by Users or other User Content for accuracy or reliability and does not guarantee that User Content is accurate. You are solely responsible for your User Content, including the accuracy of any User Content, and are solely responsible for any legal action that may be instituted by other Users or third parties as a result of or in connection with your User Content if such User Content is legally actionable or defamatory. LawZoneYa is not legally responsible for any feedback or comments posted or made available on the Site by any Users or third parties, even if that information is defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. In order to protect the integrity of the feedback system and protect Users from abuse, LawZoneYa reserves the right (but is under no obligation) to remove posted feedback or information that, in LawZoneYa’s sole judgment, violates the Terms of Service or negatively affects our marketplace, diminishes the integrity of the feedback system or otherwise is inconsistent with the business interests of LawZoneYa. You acknowledge and agree that you will notify LawZoneYa of any error or inaccurate statement in your feedback results, including the Composite Information, and that if you do not do so, LawZoneYa may rely on the accuracy of such information.
3. CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CLIENT AND FREELANCERSection 3 discusses the relationship you may decide to enter into with another User, including Service Contracts between Users, as detailed below.
3.1 SERVICE CONTRACTSIf a Client and Freelancer decide to enter into a Service Contract, the Service Contract is a contractual relationship directly between the Client and Freelancer. Client and Freelancer have complete discretion both with regard to whether to enter into a Service Contract with each other and with regard to the terms of any Service Contract. You acknowledge, agree, and understand that LawZoneYa is not a party to any Service Contract, that the formation of a Service Contract between Users will not, under any circumstance, create an employment or other service relationship between LawZoneYa and any Freelancer or a partnership or joint venture between LawZoneYa and any User. With respect to any Service Contract, Clients and Freelancers may enter into any written agreements that they deem appropriate (e.g., confidentiality agreements, invention assignment agreements, assignment of rights, etc.) provided that any such agreements do not conflict with, narrow, or expand LawZoneYa’s rights and obligations under the Terms of Service, including this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions. The parties to a Service Contract can, if the parties prefer, agree to the Optional Service Contract Terms in whole or in part, in addition to or instead of other such agreements. The Optional Service Contract Terms are provided as a sample only and may not be appropriate for all jurisdictions or all contracts. Users are responsible for complying with any local requirements. LawZoneYa does not assume any responsibility for any consequence of using the Optional Service Contract Terms. The Optional Service Contract Terms are not intended to and do not (a) constitute legal advice, (b) create an attorney-client relationship, or (c) constitute advertising or a solicitation of any type. Each situation is highly fact-specific and requirements vary by situation and jurisdiction and therefore any party should seek legal advice from a licensed attorney in the relevant jurisdictions. LawZoneYa expressly disclaims any and all liability with respect to actions or omissions based on the Optional Service Contract Terms. Please refer to the LawZoneYa Payroll Agreement for Service Contracts using LawZoneYa Payroll.
3.2 DISPUTES AMONG USERSFor disputes arising between Clients and Freelancers, you agree to abide by the dispute process that is explained in the Escrow Instructions that apply to your particular Service Contract. If the dispute process does not resolve your dispute, you may pursue your dispute independently, but you acknowledge and agree that LawZoneYa will not and is not obligated to provide any dispute assistance beyond what is provided in the Escrow Instructions. If Freelancer or Client intends to obtain an order from any arbitrator or any court that might direct LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa Escrow, or our Affiliates to take or refrain from taking any action with respect to an Escrow Account, that party will (a) give us at least five business days’ prior notice of the hearing; (b) include in any such order a provision that, as a precondition to obligation affecting LawZoneYa or LawZoneYa Escrow, we be paid in full for any amounts to which we would otherwise be entitled; and (c) be paid for the reasonable value of the services to be rendered pursuant to such order.
3.3 CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATIONUsers may agree to any terms they deem appropriate with respect to confidentiality, including those set forth in the Optional Service Contract Terms. If and to the extent that the Users do not articulate any different agreement, then they agree that this Section 3.3 (Confidentiality) applies. To the extent a User provides Confidential Information to the other, the recipient will protect the secrecy of the discloser’s Confidential Information with the same degree of care as it uses to protect its own Confidential Information, but in no event with less than due care. On a User’s written request, the party that received Confidential Information will promptly destroy or return the disclosing party’s Confidential Information and any copies thereof contained in or on its premises, systems, or any other equipment otherwise under its control.
3.4 THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIESIt is the intent of the Parties to this Agreement that Users who have entered into Service Contracts or disclosed or received Confidential Information to another User are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement with respect to this Section 3 only.
4. WORKER CLASSIFICATION AND LAWZONEYA PAYROLLSection 4 discusses what you agree to concerning whether a Freelancer is an employee or independent contractor and when you agree to use LawZoneYa Payroll, as detailed below.
4.1 WORKER CLASSIFICATIONNothing in this Agreement is intended to or should be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, franchisor/franchisee or employer-employee relationship between LawZoneYa and a User. Client is solely responsible for and has complete discretion with regard to selection of any Freelancer for any Project. Client is solely responsible, warrants its decisions regarding classification are correct, and assumes all liability, for determining whether Freelancers should be engaged as independent contractors or employees of Client and engaging them accordingly; LawZoneYa will have no input into, or involvement in, worker classification as between Client and Freelancer and Users agree that LawZoneYa has no involvement in and will have no liability arising from or relating to the classification of a Freelancer generally or with regard to a particular Project.
4.2 LAWZONEYA PAYROLL SERVICESClient agrees to enroll in LawZoneYa Payroll if it will receive services from a Freelancer under terms and conditions that would give rise to an employment relationship (unless Client elects instead to pay the Opt-Out Fee (see Section 7)). In this case, Client will engage LawZoneYa’s third-party staffing vendor (the “Staffing Provider”), which is an Agency on LawZoneYa, through the Site. The Staffing Provider will hire Freelancer at the request of Client and Freelancer according to the terms described on the site and otherwise agreed to by the Staffing Provider and Client and/or Freelancer, and subject to the LawZoneYa Payroll Agreement. For all purposes with LawZoneYa Payroll, the employer of Freelancer will be the Staffing Provider and not LawZoneYa under any circumstances. Freelancer, acknowledges, understands, and agrees that LawZoneYa will have no control over, or involvement in determining or influencing, the terms and conditions of any employment relationship that may arise between Freelancer and Staffing Provider and/or Client, including the selection of an employee, pay rate, work hours, employment dates and working conditions. Freelancer will not have any contract on the LawZoneYa Site or contact with LawZoneYa regarding such employment terms. Where Freelancer and Client have enrolled in LawZoneYa Payroll the Site is provided for, and Users agree to use the Site for, the sole purpose of enabling Freelancer to communicate with the Staffing Provider and the Client.
5. LAWZONEYA FEESSection 5 describes what fees you agree to pay to LawZoneYa in exchange for LawZoneYa providing the Site and Site Services to you and what taxes LawZoneYa may collect, as detailed below.
5.1 SERVICE FEES FOR FREELANCERSFreelancers pay LawZoneYa a Service Fee (as defined in this Section 5.1) for the use of the Site Services. LawZoneYa charges service fees to Freelancers, as set forth in the Fee and ACH Authorization Agreement and the Direct Contract Terms, for using the Site’s communication, invoicing, reporting, dispute resolution and payment services, including facilitating arbitration services and Hourly Payment Protection, as described in the applicable Escrow Instructions (the “Service Fees”). The Service Fees (to use the Site Services) are paid solely by Freelancer. When a Client pays a Freelancer for a Project or when funds related to a Project are otherwise released to a Freelancer as required by the applicable Escrow Instructions (See Section 6.1), LawZoneYa Escrow Inc. (“LawZoneYa Escrow”) will credit the Freelancer Escrow Account for the full amount paid or released, and then subtract and disburse to LawZoneYa the Service Fee. Freelancer hereby irrevocably authorizes and instructs LawZoneYa Escrow to deduct the Service Fee from the Freelancer Escrow Account and pay LawZoneYa on Freelancer’s behalf. In the event the Freelancer chooses to withdraw funds in a currency other than U.S. dollars, there may also be a there may also be a foreign currency conversion charge; the rate may differ from rates that are in effect on the date of the payment and you may be able to obtain a better rate from your bank or financial institution.
5.2 MEMBERSHIP FEES AND CONNECTSFreelancers pay LawZoneYa a membership fee if they subscribe for a paid membership to access additional features and Site Services and may purchase “Connects”. Freelancers may subscribe to different levels of participation and privileges on the Site, by payment of subscription fees and by purchasing “Connects” as described in and subject to the terms of the Freelancer Membership Agreement.
5.3 DISBURSEMENT FEESFreelancers may pay LawZoneYa a disbursement fee for remitting payments to their preferred payment method (“Disbursement Fee”). The Disbursement Fee is paid to LawZoneYa in consideration of costs incurred and administration of disbursements via the disbursement method requested by Freelancer and varies by disbursement method. The Disbursement Fee for each disbursement method is listed at under Fees and Schedules on the Site as revised from time to time. Additional activation, maintenance, and account fees may be charged by the disbursement method requested by Freelancer.
5.4 CLIENT FEESClients pay LawZoneYa a fee for payment processing and administration related to the Freelancer Fees they pay to Freelancers they engage through the Site, as described in the Fee and ACH Authorization Agreement. Clients may also choose to pay for a premium membership plan, as described in the Fee and ACH Authorization Agreement. Clients do not pay fees if they use the Site solely for Direct Contracts.
5.5 VAT AND OTHER TAXESLawZoneYa may be required by applicable law to collect taxes or levies including, without limitation, withholding income tax or VAT (while some countries may refer to VAT using other terms, e.g. GST, we’ll just refer to VAT, GST and any local sales taxes collectively as “VAT”) in the jurisdiction of the Freelancer (the “Taxes“). In such instances, any amounts LawZoneYa is required to collect or withhold for the payment of any such Taxes shall be collected in addition to the fees owed to LawZoneYa under the Terms of Service.
5.6 NO FEE FOR INTRODUCING OR FOR FINDING PROJECTSLawZoneYa does not introduce Clients to Freelancers and does not help Freelancers secure Projects. LawZoneYa merely makes the Site and Site Services available to enable Freelancers to do so themselves and may from time to time highlight Projects that may be of interest. Therefore, LawZoneYa does not charge a fee when a Freelancer finds a suitable Client or finds a Project. In addition, LawZoneYa does not charge any fee or dues for posting public feedback and composite or compiled feedback, including Composite Information.
6. PAYMENT TERMS AND ESCROW SERVICESSection 6 discusses your agreement to pay Freelancer Service Fees on Service Contracts, and describes how LawZoneYa’s Escrow Services work, what happens if a Client doesn’t pay, and related topics, as detailed below.
6.1 ESCROW SERVICESLawZoneYa Escrow provides escrow services to Users to deliver, hold, and/or receive payment for a Project, and to pay fees to LawZoneYa (“Escrow Services”). The Escrow Services are intended for business use, and you agree to use the Escrow Services only for business purposes and not for consumer, personal, family, or household purposes. 6.1.1 PAYMENT AGREEMENTS AND ESCROW INSTRUCTIONS LawZoneYa Escrow will use and release funds deposited in an Escrow Account only in accordance with this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions. You acknowledge and agree that LawZoneYa Escrow acts merely as an Internet escrow agent. LawZoneYa Escrow has fully delivered the Escrow Services to you if LawZoneYa Escrow provides the Escrow Services described in this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions. LawZoneYa Escrow is only obligated to perform those duties expressly described in this Agreement and any applicable Escrow Instructions. If you authorize or instruct LawZoneYa Escrow to release or make a payment of funds from an Escrow Account associated with you, LawZoneYa Escrow may release or pay those funds as instructed in reliance on your authorization, this Agreement, and the applicable Escrow Instructions. In addition, LawZoneYa Escrow may release or pay funds from an Escrow Account as required by applicable law. Fixed-Price Projects. If Users choose fixed-price compensation, then the Users agree that they will be bound by, and LawZoneYa Escrow will follow, the Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions. Hourly Projects, Bonus Payments, or Expense Payments. If Users choose hourly compensation, and/or if the Client makes bonus or expense payments, then the Users agree that they will be bound by, and LawZoneYa Escrow will follow, the Hourly, Bonus and Expense Payment Agreement with Escrow Instructions. Direct Contracts. If Users enter into a Direct Contract, then the Users agree that they will be bound by, and LawZoneYa Escrow will follow, the Direct Contract Escrow Instructions. LawZoneYa Payroll Engagements. If Users use LawZoneYa Payroll (Section 4) for their Project, then the Staffing Employee is paid directly by the Staffing Provider. A Client will be invoiced through the Site by the Staffing Provider, and the applicable Escrow Instructions will apply. However, the Client will not be able to dispute hours reported by the Staffing Employee and there is no waiting period for the disbursement of funds to the Staffing Employee. 6.1.2 ESCROW ACCOUNTS LawZoneYa Escrow will use and release funds deposited in an Escrow Account only in accordance with this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions. Depending on your needs and the applicable Escrow Instructions, LawZoneYa Escrow will establish and maintain one of three different types of Escrow Accounts, subject to the applicable Escrow Instructions: (a) Client Escrow Account. After entering into a Service Contract, the first time a Client makes a payment for a Project, LawZoneYa Escrow will establish and maintain a “Client Escrow Account” to hold funds for the Client to use to make payments for Projects, to receive refunds in connection with Projects, and to make payments to LawZoneYa for payment processing and administration fees. (b) Freelancer Escrow Account. After entering into a Service Contract, the first time a Freelancer uses the Site to receive payment for a Project, LawZoneYa Escrow will establish and maintain a “Freelancer Escrow Account” for Freelancer to receive payments for Projects, withdraw payments, make payments for Service Fees and to LawZoneYa for other fees, and issue refunds to Clients. (c) Fixed-Price Escrow Account. When you enter into a Fixed-Price Contract, LawZoneYa Escrow will establish and maintain a “Fixed-Price Escrow Account” to receive, hold, and release payments pursuant to the Fixed-Price Escrow Instructions for the Project that is the subject of that Fixed-Price Contract. (d) Direct Contract Escrow Account. When you enter into a Direct Contract, LawZoneYa Escrow will establish and maintain a “Direct Contract Escrow Account” to receive, hold, and release payments pursuant to the Direct Contract Escrow Instructions for the Project that is the subject of that Direct Contract. You hereby authorize and instruct LawZoneYa Escrow to act as escrow agent in connection with the Escrow Accounts and the payment, holding, and receipt of funds for each Project and other specified purposes in accordance with the Terms of Service and the applicable Escrow Instructions. Client and Freelancer may access current information regarding the status of an Escrow Account on the Site. 6.1.3 FREELANCER APPOINTMENT OF LAWZONEYA ESCROW AND SUBSIDIARIES AS AGENT If you are a Freelancer and you request payment related to an Hourly Contract or the release of funds from a Fixed-Price Escrow Account, you hereby appoint LawZoneYa Escrow and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, as your agent to obtain funds on your behalf and credit them to your Freelancer Escrow Account as applicable. Because LawZoneYa Escrow is Freelancer’s agent, Freelancer must, and hereby does, fully discharge and credit Freelancer’s Client for all payments and releases that LawZoneYa Escrow receives on Freelancer’s behalf from or on behalf of such Client. 6.1.4 TITLE TO FUNDS LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa Escrow and our Affiliates are not banks. LawZoneYa Escrow deposits and maintains all Escrow Account funds in an escrow trust account at a bank insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and approved to receive, hold, and deliver escrow funds under applicable laws and regulations. The escrow trust account is separate from the operating accounts of LawZoneYa and each of our Affiliates. LawZoneYa Escrow will not voluntarily make funds deposited in the escrow trust account available to its creditors, or the creditors of its Affiliates, in the event of a bankruptcy, or for any other purpose. 6.1.5 NO INTEREST You agree that you will not receive interest or other earnings on the funds held in your Escrow Account. LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa Escrow, or our Affiliates may charge or deduct fees, may receive a reduction in fees or expenses charged, and may receive other compensation in connection with the services they provide. 6.1.6 ESCROW AGENT DUTIES We undertake to perform only such duties as are expressly set forth in this Agreement, the applicable Escrow Instructions, and the other Terms of Service, and no other duties will be implied. We have no liability under, and no duty to inquire as to, the provisions of any agreement, other than the Terms of Service, including this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions. We will be under no duty to inquire about or investigate any agreement or communication between Client and Freelancer, even if posted to the Site. We have the right to rely upon, and will not be liable for acting or refraining from acting upon, any written notice, instruction, or request furnished to us by Client or Freelancer in accordance with this Agreement or the applicable Escrow Instructions, if we reasonably believe that such notice, instruction, or request is genuine and that it is signed or presented by the proper party or parties. We have no duty to inquire about or investigate the validity, accuracy, or content of any such notice, instruction, or request. We have no duty to solicit any payments or releases that may be due to or from any Escrow Account. We may execute any of our powers and perform any of our duties under this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions directly or through agents or attorneys (and will be liable only for the careful selection of any such agent or attorney) and may consult with counsel, accountants, and other skilled persons to be selected and retained by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will not be liable for anything done, suffered, or omitted in good faith by us in accordance with the advice or opinion of any such counsel, accountants, or other skilled persons. If we are uncertain as to our duties or rights here under or receive instructions, claims, or demands from any party hereto that, in our opinion, conflict with any of the provisions of this Agreement or the applicable Escrow Instructions, we will be entitled to refrain from taking any action, and our sole obligation will be to keep safely all property held in the Escrow Account until we are directed otherwise in writing by Client and Freelancer or by a final order or judgment of an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction. 6.1.7 ESCROW AGENT RIGHT We have the right, in our sole discretion, but not the obligation, to institute arbitration or, if no arbitration provision applies, other legal proceedings, including depositing funds held in the Escrow Account with a court of competent jurisdiction, and to resolve any dispute between Client and Freelancer related to the Escrow Account. Any provision of this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions to the contrary notwithstanding and regardless whether we are identified as a party in interest in any dispute, arbitration, or other legal proceeding, nothing herein will be construed to limit our legal and equitable rights, including, but not limited to, depositing funds held in the Escrow Account with a court of competent jurisdiction. Any corporation or association into which LawZoneYa Escrow may be merged or converted or with which LawZoneYa Escrow may be consolidated, or any corporation or association to which all or substantially all the escrow business of LawZoneYa Escrow may be transferred will succeed to all the rights and obligations of LawZoneYa Escrow as escrow holder and escrow agent under this Agreement and the applicable Escrow Instructions without further act to the extent permitted by applicable law.
6.2 CLIENT PAYMENTS ON SERVICE CONTRACTSFor Hourly Contracts, Freelancer will invoice Client on a weekly basis through LawZoneYa, and Client will pay invoices consistent with the Hourly Escrow Instructions. For Fixed-Price Contracts, Client becomes obligated to fund escrow immediately upon sending a Fixed-Price Contract offer (for the full amount or for the first milestone, if milestones are used) or upon activating any additional milestone. Client acknowledges and agrees that for both Hourly Contracts and Fixed-Price Contracts failure to decline or dispute an Hourly Invoice or request for payment is an authorization and instruction to release payment, as described more fully in the applicable Escrow Instructions. When Client authorizes the payment of the Freelancer Fees for a Fixed-Price Contract on the Site, Client automatically and irrevocably authorizes and instructs LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow to charge Client’s Payment Method for the Freelancer Fees. When Client approves an Hourly Invoice for an Hourly Contract, Client automatically and irrevocably authorizes and instructs LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow, to charge Client’s Payment Method for the Freelancer Fees.
6.3 DISBURSEMENTS TO FREELANCERSUnder the relevant Escrow Instructions, LawZoneYa Escrow disburses funds that are available and payable to a Freelancer upon Freelancer’s request. A Freelancer can request disbursement of available funds any time on a one-time basis or by setting up an automatic disbursement schedule. If Freelancer does not request a disbursement, LawZoneYa will automatically disburse available funds no more than 90 days after the Freelancer Fees are released to the Freelancer Escrow Account, unless the amount in the Escrow Account is less than the Minimum Threshold. For purposes of the Terms of Service, a “Minimum Threshold” is either (a) $100 for Freelancers within the United Arab Emirates, or (b) $ 500 for Freelancers outside the United States. When the funds in the Freelancer Escrow Account are below the Minimum Threshold, the automatic disbursement schedule is paused and the available and payable funds are released on the earlier of (i) Freelancer’s request, or (ii) on the first scheduled automatic disbursement occurring after the amount exceeds the Minimum Threshold or 180 days after the funds are available in the Freelancer Escrow Account. For Hourly Contracts, Freelancer Fees become available to Freelancers following the expiration of the dispute period and the five-day security period. For Fixed-Price Contracts, the Freelancer Fees become available to Freelancers following the expiration of the five-day security period after the funds are released. The security period begins after Client accepts and approves work submitted by Freelancer. Notwithstanding any other provision of the Terms of Service or the Escrow Instructions, and except as prohibited by applicable law, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that you have violated the conditions and restrictions of the Site or the Terms of Service, including by committing or attempting to commit fraud or other illicit acts on or through the Site, LawZoneYa Escrow may refuse to process or may hold the disbursement of the Freelancer Fees and take such other actions with respect to the Escrow Account as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion and in accordance with applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, LawZoneYa Escrow, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, may also refuse to process or may hold the disbursement of the Freelancer Fees or any other amounts and offset amounts owed to us if: (a) we require additional information, such as Freelancer’s tax information, government-issued identification or other proof of identity, address, or date of birth; (b) we have reason to believe the Freelancer Fees may be subject to dispute or chargeback; (c) we suspect fraud; (d) we believe there are reasonable grounds for insecurity with respect to the performance of obligations under this Agreement or other Terms of Service; or (e) we deem it necessary in connection with any investigation or required by applicable law. If, after investigation, we determine that the hold on the disbursement of the Freelancer Fees is no longer necessary, LawZoneYa Escrow will release such hold as soon as practicable. In addition, notwithstanding any other provision of the Terms of Service or the Escrow Instructions and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to seek reimbursement from you, and you will reimburse us, if we: (i) suspect fraud or criminal activity associated with your payment, withdrawal, or Project; (ii) discover erroneous or duplicate transactions; or (iii) have supplied our services in accordance with this Agreement yet we receive any chargeback from the Payment Method used by you, or used by your Client if you are a Freelancer, despite our provision of the Site Services in accordance with this Agreement. You agree that we have the right to obtain such reimbursement by instructing LawZoneYa Escrow to (and LawZoneYa Escrow will have the right to) charge the applicable Escrow Account, and any other accounts you hold with us, offsetting any amounts determined to be owing, deducting amounts from future payments or withdrawals, charging your Payment Method, or obtaining reimbursement from you by any other lawful means. If we are unable to obtain such reimbursement, we may, in addition to any other remedies available under applicable law, temporarily or permanently revoke your access to the Site and Site Services and close your Account.
6.4 NON-PAYMENTIf Client is in “default”, meaning the Client fails to pay the Freelancer Fees or any other amounts when due under the Terms of Service, or a written agreement for payment terms incorporating the Terms of Service (signed by an authorized representative of LawZoneYa), LawZoneYa will be entitled to the remedies described in this Section 6.4 in addition to such other remedies that may be available under applicable law or in such written agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, Client will be deemed to be in default on the earliest occurrence of any of the following: (a) Client fails to pay the Freelancer Fees when due, (b) Client fails to pay a balance that is due or to bring, within a reasonable period of time but no more than 30 days, an account current after a credit or debit card is declined or expires, (c) Client fails to pay an invoice issued to the Client by LawZoneYa within the time period agreed or, if none, within 30 days, (d) Client initiates a chargeback with a bank or other financial institution resulting in a charge made by LawZoneYa for Freelancer Fees or such other amount due being reversed to the Client, or (e) Client takes other actions or fails to take any action that results in a negative or past-due balance on the Client’s account. If Client is in default, we may, without notice, temporarily or permanently close Client’s Account and revoke Client’s access to the Site and Site Services, including Client’s authority to use the Site to process any additional payments, enter into Service Contracts, or obtain any additional Freelancer Services from other Users through the Site. However, Client will remain responsible for any amounts that accrue on any open Projects at the time a limitation is put on the Client’s Account as a result of the default. Without limiting other available remedies, Client must pay LawZoneYa upon demand for any amounts owed, plus interest on the outstanding amount at the lesser of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum interest allowed by applicable law, plus attorneys’ fees and other costs of collection to the extent permitted by applicable law. At our discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow, may, without notice, charge all or a portion of the amount that is owed to any Payment Method on file on the Client’s Account; set off amounts due against other amounts received from Client or held by for Client by LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa Escrow or another Affiliate; make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies and law enforcement authorities; and cooperate with credit reporting agencies and law enforcement authorities in any investigation or prosecution.
6.5 NO RETURN OF FUNDSClient acknowledges and agrees that LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow, will charge Client’s designated Payment Method for the Freelancer Fees incurred as described in the applicable Escrow Instructions and the Fee and ACH Authorization Agreement and that once LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow, charges or debits the Client’s designated Payment Method for the Freelancer Fees, the charge or debit is non-refundable, except as otherwise required by applicable law. Client also acknowledges and agrees that the Terms of Service provide a dispute resolution process as a way for Client resolve disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Client therefore agrees not to ask its credit card company, bank, or other Payment Method provider to charge back any Freelancer Fees or other fees charged pursuant to the Terms of Service for any reason. A chargeback in breach of the foregoing obligation is a material breach of the Terms of Service. If Client initiates a chargeback in violation of this Agreement, Client agrees that LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow, may dispute or appeal the chargeback and institute collection action against Client and take such other action it deems appropriate.
6.7 U.S. DOLLARS AND FOREIGN CURRENCY CONVERSIONThe Site and the Site Services operate in U.S. Dollars. If a User’s Payment Method is denominated in a currency other than U.S. Dollars and requires currency conversion to make or receive payments in U.S. Dollars, the Site may display foreign currency conversion rates that LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa Escrow, or our Affiliates currently make available to convert supported foreign currencies to U.S. Dollars. These foreign currency conversion rates adjust regularly based on market conditions. Please note that the wholesale currency conversion rates at which we or our Affiliates obtain foreign currency will usually be different than the foreign currency conversion rates offered on the Site. Each User, at its sole discretion and risk, may authorize the charge, debit, or credit of its Payment Method in a supported foreign currency and the conversion of the payment to U.S. Dollars at the foreign currency conversion rate displayed on the Site. A list of supported foreign currencies is available on the Site. If foreign currency conversion is required to make a payment in U.S. Dollars and LawZoneYa or its Affiliates, LawZoneYa Escrow as applicable, does not support the foreign currency or the User does not authorize the conversion of such payment at the foreign currency conversion rate displayed on the Site, LawZoneYa Escrow or one of our Affiliates will charge, debit, or credit the User’s Payment Method in U.S. Dollars and the User’s Payment Method provider will convert the payment at a foreign currency conversion rate selected by the User’s Payment Method provider. The User’s Payment Method provider may also charge fees directly to the Payment Method even when no currency conversion is involved. The User’s authorization of a payment using a foreign currency conversion rate displayed on the Site is at the User’s sole risk. LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa, and our Affiliates are not responsible for currency fluctuations that occur when billing or crediting a Payment Method denominated in a currency other than U.S. Dollars. LawZoneYa, LawZoneYa Escrow, and our Affiliates are not responsible for currency fluctuations that occur when receiving or sending payments to and from the Escrow Account.
7. NON-CIRCUMVENTIONSection 7 discusses your agreement to make and receive payments only through LawZoneYa for two years from the date you first meet your Client or Freelancer on the Site, unless you pay an Opt-Out-Fee, as detailed below.
7.1 MAKING PAYMENTS THROUGH LAWZONEYAYou acknowledge and agree that a substantial portion of the compensation LawZoneYa receives for making the Site available to you is collected through the Service Fee described in Section 5.1. LawZoneYa only receives this Service Fee when a Client and a Freelancer pay and receive payment through the Site. Therefore, for 24 months from the time you identify or are identified by any party through the Site (the “Non-Circumvention Period”), you agree to use the Site as your exclusive method to request, make, and receive all payments for work directly or indirectly with that party or arising out of your relationship with that party (the “LawZoneYa Relationship”). For the avoidance of doubt, if you, or the business you represent, did not identify and were not identified by another party through the Site, such as if you and another User worked together before meeting on the Site, then the Non-Circumvention Period does not apply. If you use the Site as an employee, agent, or representative of another business, then the Non-Circumvention Period applies to you and other employees, agents, or representatives of the business when acting in that capacity with respect to the other User. Except if you pay the Opt-Out Fee (see Section 7.2), you agree not to circumvent the Payment Methods offered by the Site. By way of illustration and not in limitation of the foregoing, you agree not to:
- Submit proposals or solicit parties identified through the Site to contract, hire, work with, or pay outside the Site.
- Accept proposals or solicit parties identified through the Site to contract, invoice, or receive payment outside the Site.
- Invoice or report on the Site or in an Opt-Out Fee request an invoice or payment amount lower than that actually agreed between Users.
- Refer a User you identified on the Site to a third-party who is not a User of the Site for purposes of making or receiving payments off the Site.
7.2 OPTING OUTYou may opt-out of the obligation in Section 7.1 with respect to each LawZoneYa Relationship only if the Client or prospective Client or Freelancer pays LawZoneYa an opt-out fee for each such relationship (the “Opt-Out Fee”). The Opt-Out Fee is computed as follows (a) Admin fees at the rate of 18% per annum or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, on the amount calculated in (b), from the date Client first makes payment to the subject Freelancer until the date the Opt-Out Fee is paid; and (b) the greater of: (i) $3,500; or (ii) 25% of the anticipated annualized salary or wages for one year if the Client offers Freelancer employment directly; or (iii) all Service Fees that would be earned by LawZoneYa from the LawZoneYa Relationship during the Non-Circumvention Period, computed based on the annualized amount earned by Freelancer from Client during the most recent normalized 8-week period, or during such shorter period as data is available to LawZoneYa; (iv) provided, however, that if the amount in (ii) and (iii) cannot be ascertained due to uncertainty or lack of sufficient information, then LawZoneYa and you agree that fee shall be $3,500; if only one of (ii) or (iii) can be ascertained, then LawZoneYa and you agree that amount shall be used if it is greater than $3,500. To pay the Opt-Out Fee, you must request instructions by sending an email message to info@LawZoneYa.com. If LawZoneYa determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated Section 7, LawZoneYa or its Affiliates may, to the maximum extent permitted by law (x) charge your Payment Method the Opt-Out Fee (including interest) if permitted by law or send you an invoice for the Opt-Out Fee (including interest), which you agree to pay within 30 days, (y) close your Account and revoke your authorization to use the Site and Site Services, and/or (z) charge you for all losses and costs (including any and all time of LawZoneYa’s employees) and reasonable expenses (including attorneys’ fees) related to investigating such breach and collecting such fees.
8. RECORDS OF COMPLIANCESection 8 discusses your agreement to make and keep all required records, as detailed below. Users will each (a) create and maintain records to document satisfaction of their respective obligations under this Agreement, including, without limitation, their respective payment obligations and compliance with tax and employment laws, and (b) provide copies of such records to LawZoneYa upon request. Nothing in this subsection requires or will be construed as requiring LawZoneYa to supervise or monitor a User’s compliance with this Agreement, the other Terms of Service, or a Service Contract. You are solely responsible for creation, storage, and backup of your business records. This Agreement and any registration for or subsequent use of the Site will not be construed as creating any responsibility on LawZoneYa’s part to store, backup, retain, or grant access to any information or data for any period.
9. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERSection 9 discusses your agreement and understanding that the Site and Site Services may not always be available or work perfectly, as detailed below. YOU AGREE NOT TO RELY ON THE SITE, THE SITE SERVICES, ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE OR THE CONTINUATION OF THE SITE. THE SITE AND THE SITE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. LAWZONEYA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, THE SITE SERVICES, WORK PRODUCT, OR ANY ACTIVITIES OR ITEMS RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TERMS OF SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LAWZONEYA DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES, SO TO THAT EXTENT, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SECTION 14 (TERM AND TERMINATION) STATES USER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST LAWZONEYA WITH RESPECT TO ANY DEFECTS, NON-CONFORMANCES, OR DISSATISFACTION.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYSection 10 discusses your agreement that LawZoneYa usually will not have to pay you damages relating to your use of the Site and Site Services and, if it is, at most it will be required to pay you $ 100, as detailed below. LawZoneYa is not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service, including, but not limited to:
- your use of or your inability to use our Site or Site Services;
- delays or disruptions in our Site or Site Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing, or linking to, our Site or Site Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Site or Site Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of the Site or Site Services;
- the content, actions, or in actions of third parties’ use of the Site or Site Services;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your Account;
- your reliance on the quality, accuracy, or reliability of job postings, Profiles, ratings, recommendations, and feedback (including their content, order, and display), Composite Information, or metrics found on, used on, or made available through the Site; and
- your need to modify practices, content, or behavior or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to the Terms of Service.
11. RELEASESection 11 discusses your agreement not to hold us responsible for any dispute you may have with another User, as detailed below. In addition to the recognition that LawZoneYa is not a party to any contract between Users, you hereby release LawZoneYa, our Affiliates, and our respective officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and service providers from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you have with another User, whether it be at law or in equity that exist as of the time you enter into this agreement. This release includes, for example and without limitation, any disputes regarding the performance, functions, and quality of the Freelancer Services provided to Client by a Freelancer and requests for refunds based upon disputes. Procedures regarding the handling of certain disputes between Users are discussed in the Escrow Instructions. This release will not apply to a claim that LawZoneYa failed to meet our obligations under the Terms of Service.
12. INDEMNIFICATIONSection 12 discusses your agreement to pay for any costs or losses we have as a result of a claim brought against us related to your use of the Site or Site Services or your illegal or harmful conduct, as detailed below. You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LawZoneYa, our Affiliates, and our respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (each an “Indemnified Party”) for all Indemnified Claims (defined below) and Indemnified Liabilities (defined below) relating to or arising out of: (a) the use of the Site and the Site Services by you or your agents, including any payment obligations or default (described in Section 6.4 (Non-Payment)) incurred through use of the Site Services; (b) any Service Contract entered into by you or your agents, including, but not limited to, the classification of a Freelancer as an independent contractor; the classification of LawZoneYa as an employer or joint employer of Freelancer; any employment-related claims, such as those relating to employment termination, employment discrimination, harassment, or retaliation; and any claims for unpaid wages or other compensation, overtime pay, sick leave, holiday or vacation pay, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation benefits, unemployment benefits, or any other employee benefits; (c) failure to comply with the Terms of Service by you or your agents; (d) failure to comply with applicable law by you or your agents; (e) negligence, willful misconduct, or fraud by you or your agents; and (f) defamation, libel, violation of privacy rights, unfair competition, or infringement of Intellectual Property Rights or allegations thereof to the extent caused by you or your agents. For purposes of this Section 12, your agents includes any person who has apparent authority to access or use your account demonstrated by using your username and password. “Indemnified Claim” means any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) arising from or relating to any claim, suit, proceeding, demand, or action brought by you or a third party or other User against an Indemnified Party. “Indemnified Liability” means any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) arising from or relating to any claim, suit, proceeding, demand, or action brought by an Indemnified Party against you or a third party or other User.
13. AGREEMENT TERM AND TERMINATIONSection 13 discusses your and LawZoneYa’s agreement about when and how long this Agreement will last, when and how either you or LawZoneYa can end this Agreement, and what happens if either of us ends the Agreement, as detailed below.
13.1 TERMINATIONUnless both you and LawZoneYa expressly agree otherwise in writing, either of us may terminate this Agreement in our sole discretion, at any time, without explanation, upon written notice to the other, which will result in the termination of the other Terms of Service as well, except as otherwise provided herein. You may provide written notice to info@LawZoneYa.com. In the event you properly terminate this Agreement, your right to use the Site and Site Services is automatically revoked, and your Account will be closed. LawZoneYa is not a party to any Service Contract between Users. Consequently, User understands and acknowledges that termination of this Agreement (or attempt to terminate this Agreement) does not terminate or otherwise impact any Service Contract or Project entered into between Users. If you attempt to terminate this Agreement while having one or more open Projects, you agree (a) you hereby instruct LawZoneYa to close any open contracts; (b) you will continue to be bound by this Agreement and the other Terms of Service until all such Projects have closed on the Site; (c) LawZoneYa will continue to perform those Site Services necessary to complete any open Project or related transaction between you and another User; and (d) you will continue to be obligated to pay any amounts accrued but unpaid as of the date of termination or as of the closure of any open Service Contracts, whichever is later, to LawZoneYa for any Site Services or such other amounts owed under the Terms of Service and to any Freelancers for any Freelancer Services. Without limiting LawZoneYa’s other rights or remedies, we may, but are not obligated to, temporarily or indefinitely revoke access to the Site or Site Services, deny your registration, or permanently revoke your access to the Site and refuse to provide any or all Site Services to you if: (i) you breach the letter or spirit of any terms and conditions of this Agreement or any other provisions of the Terms of Service; (ii) we suspect or become aware that you have provided false or misleading information to us; or (iii) we believe, in our sole discretion, that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our Users, or LawZoneYa or our Affiliates; may be contrary to the interests of the Site or the User community; or may involve illicit or illegal activity. If your Account is temporarily or permanently closed, you may not use the Site under the same Account or a different Account or reregister under a new Account without LawZoneYa’s prior written consent. If you attempt to use the Site under a different Account, we reserve the right to reclaim available funds in that Account and/or use an available Payment Method to pay for any amounts owed by you to the extent permitted by applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that the value, reputation, and goodwill of the Site depend on transparency of User’s Account status to all Users, including both yourself and other Users who have entered into Service Contracts with you. You therefore agree as follows: IF LAWZONEYA DECIDES TO TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT, LAWZONEYA HAS THE RIGHT WHERE ALLOWED BY LAW BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION TO: (A) NOTIFY OTHER USERS THAT HAVE ENTERED INTO SERVICE CONTRACTS WITH YOU TO INFORM THEM OF YOUR CLOSED ACCOUNT STATUS, (B) PROVIDE THOSE USERS WITH A SUMMARY OF THE REASONS FOR YOUR ACCOUNT CLOSURE. YOU AGREE THAT LAWZONEYA WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY NOTICE THAT IT MAY PROVIDE TO ANY USER REGARDING CLOSED ACCOUNT STATUS OR THE REASON(S) FOR THE CLOSURE.
13.2 ACCOUNT DATA ON CLOSUREExcept as otherwise required by law, if your Account is closed for any reason, you will no longer have access to data, messages, files, or other material you keep on the Site and that that any closure of your Account may involve deletion of any content stored in your Account for which LawZoneYa will have no liability whatsoever. LawZoneYa, in its sole discretion and as permitted or required by law, may retain some or all of your Account information.
13.3 SURVIVALAfter this Agreement terminates, the terms of this Agreement and the other Terms of Service that expressly or by their nature contemplate performance after this Agreement terminates or expires will survive and continue in full force and effect. For example, the provisions requiring arbitration, permitting audits, protecting intellectual property, requiring non-circumvention, indemnification, payment of fees, reimbursement and setting forth limitations of liability each, by their nature, contemplate performance or observance after this Agreement terminates. Without limiting any other provisions of the Terms of Service, the termination of this Agreement for any reason will not release you or LawZoneYa from any obligations incurred prior to termination of this Agreement or that thereafter may accrue in respect of any act or omission prior to such termination.
14. DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND LAWZONEYASection 14 discusses your agreement with LawZoneYa and our agreement with you about how we will resolve any disputes, including that we will both first try to resolve any dispute informally and, if you are in the United States, that we both agree to use arbitration instead of going to court or using a jury if we can’t resolve the dispute informally, as detailed below.
14.1 DISPUTE PROCESS, ARBITRATION, AND SCOPEIf a dispute arises between you and LawZoneYa or our Affiliates, our goal is to resolve the dispute quickly and cost-effectively. Accordingly, unless you opt out as provided in Section 14.4.4 below, you, LawZoneYa, and our Affiliates agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy that arises out of or relates to this Agreement, the other Terms of Service, your relationship with LawZoneYa (including without limitation any claimed employment with LawZoneYa or one of our Affiliates or successors), the termination of your relationship with LawZoneYa, or the Site Services (each, a “Claim”) in accordance with this Section 14 (sometimes referred to as the “Arbitration Provision”). Claims covered by this Arbitration Provision include, but are not limited to, all claims, disputes, or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Terms of Service, any Service Contract, escrow payments or agreements, any payments or monies you claim are due to you from LawZoneYa or our Affiliates or successors, trade secrets, unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, privacy, compensation, classification, minimum wage, seating, expense reimbursement, overtime, breaks and rest periods, termination, discrimination, retaliation or harassment and claims arising under the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Rehabilitation Act, Civil Rights Acts of 1866 and 1871, Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Americans With Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (except for claims for employee benefits under any benefit plan sponsored by the Company and (a) covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 or (b) funded by insurance), Affordable Care Act, Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, Older Workers Benefits Protection Act of 1990, Occupational Safety and Health Act, Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, False Claims Act, state statutes or regulations addressing the same or similar subject matters, and all other federal or state legal claims arising out of or relating to your relationship with LawZoneYa or the termination of that relationship. Disputes between the parties that may not be subject to predispute arbitration agreement as provided by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Public Law 111-203) or as provided by an Act of Congress or lawful, enforceable Executive Order, are excluded from the coverage of this Agreement.
14.3 INFORMAL DISPUTE RESOLUTIONBefore serving a demand for arbitration of a Claim, you and LawZoneYa agree to first notify each other of the Claim. You agree to notify LawZoneYa of the Claim at Attn: Legal, 2625 Augustine Dr., Suite 601, Santa Clara CA 95054 or by email to info@LawZoneYa.com, and LawZoneYa agrees to provide to you a notice at your email address on file (in each case, a “Notice”). You and LawZoneYa then will seek informal voluntary resolution of the Claim. Any Notice must include pertinent account information, a brief description of the Claim, and contact information, so that you or LawZoneYa, as applicable, may evaluate the Claim and attempt to informally resolve the Claim. Both you and LawZoneYa will have 60 days from the date of the receipt of the Notice to informally resolve the other party’s Claim, which, if successful, will avoid the need for further action.
14.4 BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER (DOES NOT APPLY TO USERS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND ITS TERRITORIES)This Arbitration Provision applies to all Users except Users located outside of the United States and its territories. In the unlikely event the parties are unable to resolve a Claim within 60 days of the receipt of the applicable Notice, you, LawZoneYa, and our Affiliates agree to resolve the Claim by final and binding arbitration before an arbitrator from JAMS, instead of a court or jury. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com.
14.4.1. SCOPE OF ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CONDUCT OF ARBITRATIONThis Arbitration Provision applies to any Claim (defined above) the parties may have and survives after your relationship with LawZoneYa ends. Claims covered by this Arbitration Provision include, but are not limited to, all claims, disputes or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Terms of Service and the LawZoneYa Payroll Agreement. This Arbitration Provision is intended to apply to the resolution of disputes that otherwise would be resolved in a court of law or before a forum other than arbitration. If for any reason JAMS will not administer the arbitration, either party may apply to a court of competent jurisdiction with authority over the location where the arbitration will be conducted for appointment of a neutral arbitrator. Except as otherwise provided herein, arbitration will be conducted in Santa Clara County, California in accordance with the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures’ Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect. Arbitration of disputes brought by a User that allege a violation of a consumer protection statute also will be subject to the JAMS Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards, and such arbitrations will be conducted in the same state and within 25 miles of where the User is located. Claims by Freelancers that allege employment or worker classification disputes or will be conducted in the state and within 25 miles of where Freelancer is located in accordance with the JAMS Employment Arbitration Rules and Procedures then in effect. The applicable JAMS arbitration rules may be found at www.jamsadr.com or by searching online for “JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures,” “JAMS Employment Arbitration Rules,” or “JAMS Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards.” Any dispute regarding the applicability of a particular set of JAMS rules shall be resolved exclusively by the arbitrator. Any party will have the right to appear at the arbitration by telephone and/or video rather than in person. You and LawZoneYa will follow the applicable JAMS rules with respect to arbitration fees. In any arbitration under the JAMS Employment Arbitration Rules and Procedures, the Freelancer will pay JAMS arbitration fees only to the extent those fees are no greater than the filing or initial appearance fees applicable to court actions in the jurisdiction where the arbitration will be conducted, with LawZoneYa to make up the difference, if any. In any arbitration under the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures’ Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect in which a User makes a claim under a consumer protection statute, the User will pay JAMS arbitration fees only to the extent those fees are no greater than the filing or initial appearance fees applicable to court actions in the jurisdiction where the arbitration will be conducted, or $250.00, whichever is less, with LawZoneYa to make up the difference, if any. The arbitrator must follow applicable law and may award only those remedies that would have applied had the matter been heard in court. Judgment may be entered on the arbitrator’s decision in any court having jurisdiction. This Arbitration Provision does not apply to litigation between LawZoneYa and you that is or was already pending in a state or federal court or arbitration before the expiration of the opt-out period set forth in Section 14.4.4, below. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, no amendment to this Arbitration Provision will apply to any matter pending in an arbitration proceeding brought under this Section 14 unless all parties to that arbitration consent in writing to that amendment. This Arbitration Provision also does not apply to claims for workers compensation, state disability insurance or unemployment insurance benefits. Nothing in this Arbitration Provision prevents you from making a report to or filing a claim or charge with a government agency, including without limitation the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, National Labor Relations Board, or Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. Nothing in this Arbitration Provision prevents the investigation by a government agency of any report, claim or charge otherwise covered by this Arbitration Provision. This Arbitration Provision also does not prevent federal administrative agencies from adjudicating claims and awarding remedies based on those claims, even if the claims would otherwise be covered by this Arbitration Provision. Nothing in this Arbitration Provision prevents or excuses a party from satisfying any conditions precedent and/or exhausting administrative remedies under applicable law before bringing a claim in arbitration. LawZoneYa will not retaliate against you for filing a claim with an administrative agency or for exercising rights (individually or in concert with others) under Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act.
14.4.2. INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISIONThis Arbitration Provision is the full and complete agreement relating to the formal resolution of Claims. Except as otherwise provided in this Arbitration Provision, this Arbitration Provision covers, and the arbitrator shall have exclusive jurisdiction to decide, all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, enforcement, or application of this Arbitration Provision, including the enforceability, revocability, scope, or validity of the Arbitration Provision or any portion of the Arbitration Provision. All such matters shall be decided by an arbitrator and not by a court. The parties expressly agree that the arbitrator and not a court will decide any question of whether the parties agreed to arbitrate, including but not limited to any claim that all or part of this Arbitration Provision, this Agreement, or any other part of the Terms of Service is void or voidable. In the event any portion of this Arbitration Provision is deemed unenforceable, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be enforceable. If any portion of the Class Action Waiver in subsection C, below, of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be unenforceable, you and LawZoneYa agree that this Arbitration Provision will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14.4.3. CLASS AND COLLECTIVE WAIVERPrivate attorney general representative actions under the California Labor Code are not arbitrable, not within the scope of this Arbitration Provision and may be maintained in a court of law. However, this Arbitration Provision affects your ability to participate in class or collective actions. Both you and LawZoneYa agree to bring any dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not on a class or collective basis on behalf of others. There will be no right or authority for any dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action, or as a member in any such class or collective proceeding (“Class Action Waiver”). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the JAMS rules, disputes regarding the enforceability, revocability, scope, or validity or breach of the Class Action Waiver may be resolved only by a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not by an arbitrator. In any case in which (1) the dispute is filed as a class or collective action and (2) there is a final judicial determination that all or part of the Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, the class or collective action to that extent must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction, but the portion of the Class Action Waiver that is enforceable shall be enforced in arbitration. You and LawZoneYa agree that you will not be retaliated against, disciplined or threatened with discipline as a result of your filing or participating in a class or collective action in any forum. However, LawZoneYa may lawfully seek enforcement of this Arbitration Provision and the Class Action Waiver under the Federal Arbitration Act and seek dismissal of such class or collective actions or claims.
14.4.4. RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONYou may opt out of the Arbitration Provision contained in this Section 14 by notifying LawZoneYa in writing within 30 days of the date you first registered for the Site. To opt out, you must send a written notification to LawZoneYa at Attn: Legal, 2625 Augustine Dr., Suite 601, Santa Clara CA 95054 that includes (a) your Account username, (b) your name, (c) your address, (d) your telephone number, (e) your email address, and (f) a statement indicating that you wish to opt out of the Arbitration Provision. Alternatively, you may send this written notification to info@LawZoneYa.com. Opting out of this Arbitration Provision will not affect any other terms of this Agreement. If you do not opt out as provided in this Section 14.4.4, continuing your relationship with LawZoneYa constitutes mutual acceptance of the terms of this Arbitration Provision by you and LawZoneYa. You have the right to consult with counsel of your choice concerning this Agreement and the Arbitration Provision. 14.4.5. Enforcement of this Arbitration Provision. This Arbitration Provision replaces all prior agreements regarding the arbitration of disputes and is the full and complete agreement relating to the formal resolution of disputes covered by this Arbitration Provision. In the event any portion of this Arbitration Provision is deemed unenforceable, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be enforceable. If any portion of the Class Action Waiver in Section 14.4.3, above, is deemed to be unenforceable, you and LawZoneYa agree that this Arbitration Provision will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. GENERALSection 15 discusses additional terms of the agreement between you and LawZoneYa, including that the Terms of Service contain our full agreement, how the agreement will be interpreted and applied, and your agreement not to access the Site from certain locations, as detailed below.
15.1 ENTIRE AGREEMENTThis Agreement, together with the other Terms of Service, sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and LawZoneYa relating to the subject matter hereof and thereof and cancels and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous discussions, agreements, representations, warranties, and other communications between you and us, written or oral, to the extent they relate in any way to the subject matter hereof and thereof. The section headings in the Terms of Service are included for ease of reference only and have no binding effect. Even though LawZoneYa drafted the Terms of Service, you represent that you had ample time to review and decide whether to agree to the Terms of Service. If an ambiguity or question of intent or interpretation of the Terms of Service arises, no presumption or burden of proof will arise favoring or disfavoring you or LawZoneYa because of the authorship of any provision of the Terms of Service.
15.2 MODIFICATIONS; WAIVERNo modification or amendment to the Terms of Service will be binding upon LawZoneYa unless in a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of LawZoneYa or posted on the Site by LawZoneYa. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this User Agreement.
15.3 ASSIGNABILITYUser may not assign the Terms of Service, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without LawZoneYa’s prior written consent in the form of a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of LawZoneYa. LawZoneYa may freely assign this Agreement and the other Terms of Service without User’s consent. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of this subsection will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, the Terms of Service are binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the successors, heirs, and permitted assigns of the parties.
15.4 SEVERABILITYIf and to the extent any provision of this Agreement or the other Terms of Service is held illegal, invalid, or unenforceable in whole or in part under applicable law, such provision or such portion thereof will be ineffective as to the jurisdiction in which it is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable to the extent of its illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability and will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to conform to applicable law so as to give the maximum effect to the intent of the parties. The illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability of such provision in that jurisdiction will not in any way affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction or of any other provision in any jurisdiction.
15.5 FORCE MAJEUREThe parties to this Agreement will not be responsible for the failure to perform or any delay in performance of any obligation hereunder for a reasonable period due to labor disturbances, accidents, fires, floods, telecommunications or Internet failures, strikes, wars, riots, rebellions, blockades, acts of government, governmental requirements and regulations or restrictions imposed by law or any other similar conditions beyond the reasonable control of such party.
15.6 PREVAILING LANGUAGE AND LOCATIONThe English language version of the Terms of Service will be controlling in all respects and will prevail in case of any inconsistencies with translated versions, if any. The Site is controlled and operated from our facilities in the United States Intended to US and UAE.
Effective January 20, 2020
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a data privacy law that gives residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) more clarity and control over how their personal data is used. Personal data is anything that can directly or indirectly identify a person, such as a photo, name, bank details, medical information, computer IP address, and so on. This European-wide law replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
Learn more about how LawZoneYa is complying with GDPR.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU AND LAWZONEYA?
LawZoneYa’s Legal and Information Security and Privacy teams have carefully analyzed applicable privacy laws and regulations and undertaken the necessary steps to ensure that LawZoneYa is in compliance with their requirements.
We value our users’ privacy and their rights to control their personal data. Regardless of where you call home, you may close your account or request the deletion of all personal information we have about you at any time. However, we will only be following the requirements outlined by the GDPR for those living in the EEA. If you live elsewhere, we will be happy to consider your request to delete your data.
LAWZONEYA DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENT (“DPA”)
To streamline GDPR compliance, LawZoneYa has posted a Data Processing Agreement (“DPA”), governing the relationship between the Customer (as defined in the DPA, acting as a data controller or processor, as applicable) of personal data under European Data Protection Legislation; and LawZoneYa (acting as a data processor or subprocessor, as applicable).
Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by you and LawZoneYa, to the extent LawZoneYa processes any EU personal data for you as a controller (as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) in your role as a Customer.
HOW DO I SUBMIT A DATA REQUEST?
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights with regard to your personal information. These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling a request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as fraud prevention purposes or record retention requirements under applicable laws). In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly or shared with others through or on the Service, as neither you nor LawZoneYa can delete all copies of information that have been previously shared with others on the Service.
If you would like to request to close your account in our system, you can do so through the LawZoneYa Service (once you have logged in, visit settings / user settings, and then click on the close my account link). In addition, you can access, correct, or delete your personal information by making updates to that information through your account. You can also submit a request to us regarding your personal information by completing the below form or emailing info@LawZoneYa.com. Please note that if your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Service.
Effective January 20, 2020
- AGREEMENT TO THE API TERMS.
By registering a software application, website, or product you create or service that you offer (a “Developer Application”), you agree to be bound by the API Terms. You must read, agree to, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in the API Terms in order to use the LawZoneYa API. Additionally, you agree to and accept the LawZoneYa Terms of Service, available at https://www.LawZoneYa.com/terms-of-services/. If you disagree with any of the terms of the API Terms or the LawZoneYa Terms of Service, LawZoneYa does not grant you a license to use the LawZoneYa API. If you are using the LawZoneYa API on behalf of a company or any other entity, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to register a Developer Application on behalf of that entity and bind it to the API Terms and the LawZoneYa Terms of Service. If you are not authorized, you may not accept the API Terms or register a Developer Application for someone else.
Capitalized terms not defined in the API Terms have the meanings given to them in the LawZoneYa Terms of Service.
- LawZoneYa API. A set of web-based services providing programmatic access to LawZoneYa systems and data, together with all updates, revisions, and copies thereof. This also includes any associated tools and documentation that LawZoneYa makes available under the API Terms.
- LawZoneYa Content. Any data, content, or executables of or associated with the LawZoneYa API or Site Services (as defined in the LawZoneYa Terms of Service). This includes all LawZoneYa User Data.
- LawZoneYa User Data. Any content, information, and other data about persons who use the LawZoneYa services received or collected by Developer through any instance of the Developer Application, the LawZoneYa API, or otherwise in connection with the API Terms.
- DEVELOPER’S USE OF THE LAWZONEYA API.
Developer wishes to use and access the LawZoneYa API in connection with the development and distribution of a Developer Application and agrees to the additional requirements herein. Developer and LawZoneYa hereby agree as follows:
- Developer Registration. Before using the LawZoneYa API, Developer must provide accurate information identifying its organization and the individual representative who will serve as a point of contact for LawZoneYa. The registration may be completed and accepted by LawZoneYa on the Site. Upon successful registration, LawZoneYa shall make Access Credentials available to Developer. “Access Credentials” means the necessary security keys, secrets, tokens, and other credentials to access the LawZoneYa API. All activities that occur using your Access Credentials are your responsibility. Access Credentials are specific to you and are confidential information. Keep them secret. You must not sell, transfer, or sublicense the Access Credentials. Do not try to circumvent them and do not require your users, employees, contractors, or agents to obtain their own Access Credentials to build, maintain, or use the Developer Application. Developer itself must request any Access Credentials to be used by any employee, contractor, or agent of Developer.
- Permitted Uses of the LawZoneYa API. Your use of the LawZoneYa API is limited to the purpose of facilitating your own or your Users’ use of the LawZoneYa Site and Site Services. Some examples of permitted uses of the LawZoneYa API would be to create Applications that:
- Allow LawZoneYa Users to search for and browse LawZoneYa job postings with a customized interface;
- Allow LawZoneYa Users to manage active contracts;
- Allow LawZoneYa Users to apply to jobs on LawZoneYa; or
- Allow LawZoneYa Users to manage invoices, billing, and communications on LawZoneYa.
- Prohibited Uses of the LawZoneYa API. Developer must never do any of the following:
- Use the LawZoneYa API in any Developer Application that includes adult content, promotes gambling, involves the sale of tobacco or alcohol to persons under 21 years of age, promotes or offers malicious code, or violates any applicable law or regulation.
- Use the LawZoneYa API to retrieve LawZoneYa Content that is then aggregated with third-party search results in such a way that a user cannot attribute the LawZoneYa Content to LawZoneYa (such as aggregated search results).
- Distribute or allow access to the LawZoneYa API to anyone other than the entity on whose behalf Developer agreed to these Terms, or create an application programming interface that enables access to LawZoneYa Content
- Prohibited Uses/Functions of Developer Application. Developer and the Developer Application must not do the following:
- Implement features or business practices that unlawfully harm the professional reputation or relationships of LawZoneYa or LawZoneYa users.
- Use LawZoneYa Content received from the LawZoneYa API in any manner that facilitates bias, discrimination, or data “redlining,” whether intentional or inadvertent, based on sensitive or protected categories or characteristics.
- Impersonate LawZoneYa or an LawZoneYa user or intentionally misrepresent LawZoneYa or any LawZoneYa user or other third party when requesting or publishing information.
- Obfuscate or hide any LawZoneYa buttons, sign-in functionality, or consent or authorization flows from your users.
- Proxy, request, or use LawZoneYa account user names or passwords in any fashion for any reason.
- Request from the LawZoneYa API more than the minimum data fields and application permissions the Developer Application needs.
- Try to exceed or circumvent limitations on calls and use. This includes creating multiple Developer Applications for identical, or largely similar, purposes.
- Download, scrape, post, or transmit, in any form or by any means, any part of the Site or Site Services, including data retrieved by web browser plugins.
- Copy, reformat, reverse-engineer, or otherwise modify the LawZoneYa API, Access Credentials, the Site, the Site Services, or any LawZoneYa Content.
- Promote or operate any product or service that competes with the LawZoneYa Site Services.
- Interfere with or disrupt LawZoneYa services, LawZoneYa servers or networks connected to LawZoneYa services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the LawZoneYa Site or Site Services.
- Engage in any conduct that fails to comply with, or is otherwise inconsistent with, any agreement between Developer and LawZoneYa or any written instructions provided by LawZoneYa.
- Permitted Uses of the LawZoneYa API. Your use of the LawZoneYa API is limited to the purpose of facilitating your own or your Users’ use of the LawZoneYa Site and Site Services. Some examples of permitted uses of the LawZoneYa API would be to create Applications that:
- API LICENSE.
- Using the LawZoneYa API. As part of the API Terms, LawZoneYa grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sublicensable (except as expressly permitted herein) license to use the LawZoneYa API solely to do the following and subject to the restrictions set forth in the API Terms:
- Enable your Application to interact with LawZoneYa’s databases to retrieve information necessary to facilitate your own or Your Users’ use of the Site and Site Services through your Application;
- Make limited intermediate copies of LawZoneYa Content only as necessary to perform activity permitted under the API Terms. You must delete all intermediate copies when they are no longer required for the purpose for which they were created;
- Rearrange or reorganize LawZoneYa Content within your Application; and
- Display in your Application LawZoneYa Content consistent with this Agreement.
- Access Credentials. LawZoneYa will provide you with Access Credentials that permit you to access the LawZoneYa API. The Access Credentials are the property of LawZoneYa and may be revoked if you share them with any third party (other than as allowed in the API Terms), if they are compromised, if you violate the API Terms or the LawZoneYa Terms of Service, or if LawZoneYa terminates the API Terms.
- API Call Limitations. The number of API calls you will permitted to make during any given time period may be limited. LawZoneYa will determine call limits based on various factors, including the ways your Application may be used or the anticipated volume of use associated with your Application. LawZoneYa may, in its sole discretion, charge you for API calls that exceed the call limits or terminate your access to the LawZoneYa API in accordance with Section 17 (Suspension and Termination). Unused calls will not roll over to the next day or month, as applicable.
At its discretion, LawZoneYa may require or offer Certification for certain Applications. Certification will consist of confirmation by LawZoneYa or a third party it designates that your Application’s technology complies with the API Terms and the LawZoneYa Terms of Service. You will be responsible for all costs associated with certification and any modifications necessary to meet the certification requirements and you may not be permitted to access the LawZoneYa API in certain cases until certification is complete. At LawZoneYa’s discretion, future modifications of your Application or use or display of LawZoneYa Content may be subject to re-certification. If LawZoneYa requires certification, your failure to maintain certification is cause for immediate termination of the API Terms.
- DATA USE.
- Obligations to LawZoneYa. Developer may only use, disclose, and otherwise process LawZoneYa User Data in accordance with the written instructions of LawZoneYa and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Prohibited Uses. Developer will not:
- Use LawZoneYa Content for any purpose except to the extent necessary for (1) the purpose of processing and supporting a specific transaction for the applicable LawZoneYa user or (2) the purpose of providing services to LawZoneYa.
- Use LawZoneYa Content for any research or publication purpose without prior written consent and a license from LawZoneYa to research or publish, as applicable, LawZoneYa Content.
- Use LawZoneYa Content for any other purpose (e.g., for Developer’s own benefit or for the benefit of any other entity or person).
- Use LawZoneYa Content for user profiling purposes or for advertising purposes.
- Sell, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer, directly or indirectly, LawZoneYa Content to any third party.
- Augment, commingle, or supplement LawZoneYa Content with personally identifiable or confidential information (including any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device) from any third-party source.
- Use the user identification or authentication codes connected to any LawZoneYa user to disclose information related to that user to any third party.
- DATA STORAGE.
Except as provided in the API Terms, Developer may not copy or store any LawZoneYa Content, or any information expressed by or representing LawZoneYa Content (such as hashed or otherwise transformed data).
- Authentication Tokens. Developer may store any Developer Application-specific alphanumeric user identification codes that LawZoneYa provides to Developer for identifying individual users of the Developer Application or any tokens that LawZoneYa provides to Developer when an LawZoneYa user authenticates the Developer Application for the LawZoneYa user’s account.
- Cached Content. Solely for the purpose of improving user experience, Developer may cache LawZoneYa Content for no more than twenty-four (24) hours.
- Deletion. Developer must promptly and securely delete all LawZoneYa User Data collected from LawZoneYa users upon request of the LawZoneYa user, when the LawZoneYa user deactivates or uninstalls the Developer Application, when the LawZoneYa user closes their account with Developer, and before, when possible, or promptly upon termination of the API Terms. Developer will promptly and securely delete all LawZoneYa Content after completion of all activities reasonably necessary to operate or maintain the Developer Application and upon termination of the API Terms.
- USER CONSENT AND AGREEMENT.
- User Consent. Before obtaining information from LawZoneYa users, you must obtain their informed consent by telling them what information you collect and how it will be used, stored or shared, and by taking any additional steps required by law or regulation.
- DATA SAFEGUARDS.
Developer will protect LawZoneYa User Data in accordance with all applicable laws. Your network, operating system, and software of your web servers, databases, and computer systems (collectively “Systems”) must be properly configured to securely operate the Developer Application and LawZoneYa User Data. The Developer Application must use reasonable security measures to protect any LawZoneYa User Data and any elements or components of the LawZoneYa API. You shall not architect, design, or select Systems in a manner to avoid these obligations. You must promptly report to LawZoneYa at info@LawZoneYa.comany security deficiencies in, or intrusions into, your Systems that you discover to LawZoneYa. You will work with LawZoneYa to correct any security deficiency and disconnect any intrusions or intruders as soon as practicable upon discovery of any such deficiency or intrusion. In the event of any security deficiency or intrusion involving the Developer Application or LawZoneYa User Data, you will make no public statements without prior written and express permission from LawZoneYa in each instance, unless otherwise required by law.
- ACCESS TO THE LAWZONEYA API.
Subject to the API Terms, LawZoneYa may, in its sole discretion, make specific instances or versions of the LawZoneYa API available to Developer for use in connection with Developer Applications. LawZoneYa may terminate such access to the LawZoneYa API, in whole or certain features, functions, or services thereof, for convenience, at any time. The LawZoneYa API will be deemed to be a part of the Site Services as set forth in the LawZoneYa Terms of Service.
- LAWZONEYA API SUPPORT AND CHANGES.
LawZoneYa may provide technical support, upgrades, or modifications of the LawZoneYa API in LawZoneYa’s sole discretion. LawZoneYa may cease providing technical support, upgrades, or modifications of the LawZoneYa API at any time and for any reason without notice or liability to Developer. LawZoneYa may release new versions of the LawZoneYa API and require Developer to use the new version of the LawZoneYa API. Developer’s use of new releases or versions of the LawZoneYa API will be acceptance of all modifications of the LawZoneYa API.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- LawZoneYa Materials. LawZoneYa owns all rights, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to, the LawZoneYa API; all elements, components, and executables of the LawZoneYa API; and all elements, components, and executables of the Site Services (collectively, the “LawZoneYa Materials”). The only exception to this is any information or Content which you as an LawZoneYa user have licensed to LawZoneYa under the LawZoneYa Terms of Service. Except for the express licenses granted in the API Terms, LawZoneYa does not grant you any right, title, or interest in the LawZoneYa Materials. Developer agrees to take such actions as LawZoneYa may reasonably request to perfect LawZoneYa’s rights to the LawZoneYa Materials.
- Developer Property. Except to the extent the Developer Application contains LawZoneYa Materials, LawZoneYa claims no ownership or control over your Developer Application. During the term of the API Terms you hereby grant LawZoneYa a paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable right and license, under all of your intellectual property rights, to: (1) use, perform, and display the Developer Application and its content for purposes of marketing, demonstrating, and making the Developer Application available to LawZoneYa users; (2) link to and direct LawZoneYa users to the Developer Application; and (3) sublicense the foregoing rights to our affiliates.
- Feedback. Developer may, but is not required to, provide suggestions, comments, ideas, or know‐how, in any form, to LawZoneYa related to LawZoneYa products, services or technology (“Feedback”). To the extent Developer provides Feedback to LawZoneYa, Developer grants LawZoneYa the right to use such Feedback without any right to compensation from LawZoneYa.
- INDEPENDENT DEVELOPMENT BY LAWZONEYA.
Developer understands and acknowledges that LawZoneYa may be independently creating applications, content, and other products or services that may be similar to or competitive with the Developer Application. Nothing in the API Terms will be construed as restricting or preventing LawZoneYa from creating and fully exploiting any applications, content, and other products or services, without any obligation to Developer. This paragraph will survive the termination or expiration of the API Terms.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
Developer agrees that the content of the LawZoneYa API, and any LawZoneYa Content that by its nature should reasonably be known to be confidential, is deemed to be confidential information of LawZoneYa and Developer will maintain the same in strict confidence and not disclose the same to any third party (other than employees, agents and contractors of Developer for the sole purpose of providing services to Developer to complete work permitted hereunder) or use the same for any purpose other than its performance under the Agreement. To the extent that you retain any LawZoneYa Content after the termination or expiration of the API Terms, this paragraph will survive the termination or expiration of the API Terms.
The provisions of the API Terms will control over any inconsistent provisions of the LawZoneYa Terms of Service, and the LawZoneYa Terms of Service, as modified and supplemented by the API Terms, will remain in full force and effect. Any “shrink wrap” or “click wrap” license agreement or any other terms and conditions associated with Developer’s Application is null and void, is not applicable hereunder, and is expressly excluded.
LawZoneYa currently provides the LawZoneYa API without charge. However, LawZoneYa reserves the right, at LawZoneYa’s sole discretion, to charge fees for future use of or access to the LawZoneYa API. Developer may not charge any fee to LawZoneYa users for the Developer’s Application without the express written permission or agreement of LawZoneYa.
- TERM AND TERMINATION.
- Term. The term of the API Terms will commence on the date upon which you agree to the API Terms and will continue until terminated as set forth below.
- Developer’s Termination Rights. Developer may terminate the API Terms by discontinuing use of the LawZoneYa API and returning all LawZoneYa Content, including LawZoneYa User Data.
- Suspension and Termination. LawZoneYa may suspend or terminate Developer’s use of the LawZoneYa API at any time if we believe you have violated the API Terms or LawZoneYa Terms of Service, or if we believe the availability of the LawZoneYa API in the Developer Application is not in our or our users’ best interests. Immediately upon termination of the API Terms, all licenses granted to Developer will cease and all data retrieved from the LawZoneYa API or Site Services must be deleted.
- Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms:
- all rights and licenses granted to Developer will terminate immediately;
- Developer will promptly and securely destroy LawZoneYa Content in your possession or control;
- neither party is liable to the other party solely because the API Terms have been terminated;
- unless we agree otherwise in writing or as stated explicitly in the API Terms, Developer must permanently delete all LawZoneYa Content and LawZoneYa User Data or other data which you stored pursuant to your use of the LawZoneYa API. LawZoneYa may require that you certify in writing your compliance with this section; and
- LawZoneYa will make commercially reasonable efforts to remove all references and links to the Developer Application from the Site (LawZoneYa has no other obligation to delete copies of, references to, or links to the Developer Application).
- WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. LAWZONEYA PROVIDES THE LAWZONEYA API, LAWZONEYA CONTENT, AND ALL OTHER INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LAWZONEYA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. LAWZONEYA DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE LAWZONEYA API WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THE OPERATION OF THE LAWZONEYA API MAY BE INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR SYSTEM OR NETWORK FAILURES. LAWZONEYA DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. FURTHERMORE, LAWZONEYA DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY MALFUNCTIONING, IMPOSSIBILITY OF ACCESS, OR POOR USE CONDITIONS OF THE LAWZONEYA API DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DISTURBANCES RELATED TO INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, TO THE SATURATION OF THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON.
- Limitations of Liability. LAWZONEYA AND OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR DIRECTORS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF USE, PROFIT, REVENUE OR DATA TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE LAWZONEYA API. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER (i) YOU BASE YOUR CLAIM ON CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, (ii) WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (iii) THE LIMITED REMEDIES PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY DAMAGE THAT LAWZONEYA MAY CAUSE YOU INTENTIONALLY OR KNOWINGLY IN VIOLATION OF THE API TERMS OR APPLICABLE LAW.
- Indemnification. You will defend, hold harmless, and indemnify LawZoneYa (and our and their respective employees, agents, shareholders, and directors) from any claim or action brought by a third party, including all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, to the extent resulting from, alleged to have resulted from, or in connection with: (i) your breach of your obligations herein; or (ii) the violation of any copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret or United States patent by the Developer Application.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are agreeing to the API Terms as independent contractors, and the API Terms will not be construed to create a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship between them. Neither party is authorized to or will represent itself to be an employee or agent of the other or enter into any agreement on the other’s behalf of or in the other’s name.
- Assignability. You may not assign the API Terms, nor any of your rights or obligations hereunder, without LawZoneYa’s prior written consent. LawZoneYa may freely assign the API Terms without your consent. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of this section will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, the API Terms will inure to the benefit of successors and permitted assigns of the parties.
- Severability. If and to the extent any provision of the API Terms is held illegal, invalid, or unenforceable in whole or in part under applicable law, such provision or such portion thereof shall be ineffective as to the jurisdiction in which it is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable to the extent of its illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability, and shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to conform to applicable law so as to give the maximum effect to the intent of the parties. The illegality, invalidity, or enforceability of such provision in that jurisdiction shall not in any way affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction or of any other provision in any jurisdiction.
- Choice of Law and Venue. The API Terms and any controversy, dispute or claim arising out of or relating to the API Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). With respect to any User located outside the United States, the User agrees that the California state courts of Santa Clara County (or, if there is federal jurisdiction, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California) will have jurisdiction and venue with respect to any claim arising out of or relating to the API Terms and consents to the personal jurisdiction and venue of those courts.
- No Waiver. The failure or delay of either party to exercise or enforce any right or claim does not constitute a waiver of such right or claim and shall in no way affect that party’s right to later enforce or exercise it, unless such party issues an express written waiver, signed by a duly authorized representative of each party.
- Miscellaneous. The API Terms set forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to their subject matter and cancel and supersede any prior or contemporaneous discussions, agreements, representations, warranties, and other communications between them. No modification or amendment to the API Terms shall be binding upon LawZoneYa unless in a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of LawZoneYa.
Effective January 20, 2020
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer or smartphone) when you visit a website. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them — or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if the browsing device has visited them before.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how the Site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES LAWZONEYA USE?
The type of cookies used on most websites can generally be put into one of six categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality, Flash, Tailored Content and Targeting. In order to provide you with the best browsing experience, LawZoneYa uses all of these categories on the Site. You can find out more about each cookie category in the sections below.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, some services you have asked for such as payment submission can’t be provided.
These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the Site works.
These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you’re in). For instance, the Site uses functionality cookies to remember your language preference. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you’ve made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you’ve asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We may, in certain circumstances, use Adobe Flash Player to deliver special content, such as video clips or animation. To improve your user experience, Local Shared Objects (commonly known as “Flash cookies”) are employed to provide functions such as remembering your settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are managed through an interface different from the one provided by your web browser. This means it is not possible to manage Flash cookies through your browser in the same way you would normally manage cookies. Instead, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website at https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
TAILORED CONTENT COOKIES
Tailored content cookies help the Site provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is relevant to you. These cookies help the Site determine what information to show you based on how you have used the Site previously. These cookies do not track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. This means after you have been to the Site you may see some advertisements about our services elsewhere on the Internet.
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY BROWSING DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
FIRST AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES
First party cookies are cookies that belong to us, while third party cookies are cookies that another party places on your browsing device through our Site. For example, Facebook will place a cookie on your browsing device if you click on the Facebook link when browsing the Site.
HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES THROUGH YOUR BROWSER
The browser you are using to view the Site can enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Site for example applying for a job or posting a job. Other parts of the Site may also not work properly. You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.